1967 - 1987
- 1967 saw the launch of a new service for construction companies (equipment rental) and opening of the first branch, SAM.
- Development of the concept on a regional scale. In 1976, the company had 26 branches in 16 departments.
- In 1986, Gérard Déprez became CEO of SAM.
1987 - 1997
- The company expanded and accelerated its national footprint.
- The 100th branch opened in Marseille in 1991.
- The Group became Loxam in 1994
1997 - 2010
The european gamble
- Continued national network development through branch openings and company acquisitions.
- Loxam began its international expansion: Switzerland (1996), Belgium and Germany (1999), Great Britain and Ireland (2000), Spain (2002), Luxembourg (2005), the Netherlands (2006) and Denmark (2007).
- In 2000, Loxam became the European leader
2010 - 2020
The global challenge
- From 2010 onwards, Loxam moved beyond the borders of Europe, expanding into Morocco and Brazil.
- In 2017, with the acquisition of new companies such as Hune, Lavendon Group, Cramo in Denmark, Nacanco and Swan, Loxam consolidated its status as an international rental company established in Europe, but also in South America, Africa and the Middle East.
- In 2019, following the acquisition of Ramirent, Loxam became the sector’s 4th largest player globally, with operations in 30 countries worldwide.
2021 - ...
A reinforced presence
Loxam continued and consolidated its growth with the acquisition of JM Trykluft in Denmark and MaskinSlussen in Sweden. With a network of 1,060 branches in 30 countries and 11.370 employees, the Group posted turnover of 2.2 billion euros in 2021.